Sometimes I have good ideas. For example, I invented the straw once... I was sitting a few feet from my drink and I thought "Hey!"... "Wouldn't it be nice if there was a tube with one end in my drink and the other in my mouth, so I wouldn't have to move ANY PART OF MY BODY to take a drink?".
Moments later, of course, a cruel realization dawned. Someone had already thought of it.
So, for the slightly BETTER ideas I have, which people may not havethought of, I'm putting things down here. Mostly this is so that, years from now, when someone makes a mint off of one of these ideas, I can claim that I created it first, and sue them for millions.
- A scale that doesn't show your weight; merely your progress up or down. (Kudos to Laura-Lu for co-hosting that one).
- A folding chair that folds completely flat, but still has a supportive curve when in chair position. Must be doable.
- A small piece of software that pops up every so often and reminds you to SAVE YOUR WORK. (Someone's probably done this, but since I just lost a lot of work, it seems apropo just now).
A few business policies:
- No meetings on Tuesdays! (Or some other day... I need a designated no-meeting day)
- Personal spending accounts for each employee... say $50/month or $500/year or something... people can buy books mainly, or office supplies that aren't normally provided (ergonomic lights, custom desk calendars, whatever). The objects belong to the company, but people don't have to get any "approval" or anything.
More to come...